eConsult - A quick and easy way to consult a GP
Information about eConsult
Please note that completing an eConsult will result in a telephone call in the first instance so please ensure you leave an up to date telephone number that you can be reached on.
If the clinician feels that a face to face is appropriate/required then you will be booked in and seen in a timely manner appropriate to your needs.
You can contact the surgery in the morning and receive a telephone response on any working day. This will enable you to have a same day telephone or face to face appointment if this is required. Here's how to arrange this:
- All e-Consultations are initially reviewed by our Patient Coordinators who will either respond to you directly if this is an administrative question they can answer, or be handed to a GP who will triage all clinical queries. The GP will respond directly or decide if your eConsult is passed on to the most appropriate person to deal with your problem. This could include our clinical pharmacist, a nurse or advanced nurse practitioner or one of the GPs.
- If you feel that your problem is best addressed by your usual GP, please first check which days your usual GP is working - see when your usual GP is available.
- Complete an online e-Consultation before 12:00pm and you will be added to a clinician's list for the day. If you eConsult after 12:00pm, for non-urgent matters, you may receive a response on the next working day. If your usual GP is not available, your eConsult may be passed to another clinician for review.
- If you would like to talk to a GP, we cannot guarantee an exact time for this to occur, but please let us know if you have a preference so that we can try and accommodate this.
- Please do not email or use the practice contact form. We do not accept emails to the practice email address regarding clinical matters. There is a risk that your query may not reach the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Please do not use eConsult to book nurse appointments. Blood tests can be booked through GP online services, for other nurse appointments you can telephone 01869 249333 and make a nurse appointment.
- GPs will no longer be booking routine follow-up appointments - if you are advised that a follow-up appointment is necessary, you will be advised to contact the GP when the follow up is due (i.e. if your GP has advised that you need a follow up in 6 weeks, you should submit an e-Consultation in 6 weeks’ time, in the morning on a day of the week your GP is working). This is YOUR responsibility to arrange.
IF YOU HAVE PUT IN A NON-URGENT E CONSULT, PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE SURGERY AS YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY 6:30pm THE FOLLOWING WEEK DAY.
ENTERING MULTIPLE E CONSULTS FOR THE SAME PROBLEM OR CALLING THE PRACTICE AFTER AN eCONSULT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED WILL CAUSE DELAY IN A CLINICIAN'S RESPONSE.